To help you check information that you see or hear about, you will need to find sites that give you unbiased, neutral, not commercially funded and reliable information. This list tries to accomplish that goal.
Below are listed sources that are reportedly reliable in what they present. If you take issue with this, please let us know if you find any of the sources to be otherwise than as reliable. This is a work in progress, so check back frequently for new items that will be added.
On the other hand, if you have knowledge if any not mentioned here, be sure to let us know who it is.
Debunking Sites That are Operated by Private or Medical Personnel:
- 5 Fact-finding Websites For Finding the Truth
- Cancer Treatment Watch
- Project On Government Oversight (POGO): a nonpartisan independent watchdog that investigates and exposes waste, corruption, abuse of power, and when the government fails to serve the public or silences those who report wrongdoing.
- Qigong Institute’s Qigong and Energy Medicine Abstracts
- Quackwatch: In addition to the homepage links, be sure to check out this page of related links on this site.
- The Weston A. Price.org: This site appears to have some good articles of research on the food industry deception procedures.
Diet and Nutrition Sources:
- T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies: A Nonprofit Organization by the author of “The China Study.”
- Nutrition Content of Foods: information on nutrition including nutrition facts and data to help you live a long and healthy life.
- Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI): Consumer advocates.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Research Service:
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services:
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Search on any subject and it will return results like Qigong below:
- National Library of Medicine
- MedlinePlus: You can use MedlinePlus to learn about the latest treatments, look up information on a drug or supplement, find out the meanings of words, or view medical videos or illustrations. You can also get links to the latest medical research on your topic or find out about clinical trials on a disease or condition. There are directories, a medical encyclopedia, health information in Spanish, extensive information on prescription and nonprescription drugs, and links to thousands of clinical trials.
- PubMed: Citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books.
- Toxnet: Databases on toxicology, hazardous chemicals, environmental health, and toxic releases
- National Center for Integrative Health
- Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database: Our goal is to help you achieve and maintain optimal health by providing you with reliable information on herbal remedies, dietary supplements, vitamins, minerals, and other natural products.